Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rainwater

I just gathered up some rainwater that we can use to water the plants later. I like to gather as much as we can when we get rain so that I can use it instead of the city water. I need to invest in a rain barrel but for now we use the wheelbarrow to collect the rain then we put it in empty bottles and store it for future use on the garden.

While I was doing that I noticed that some of my seeds are sprouting baby plants. The peas are sprouting and a few other things too. So exciting to see them grow! I need to start some more seeds today also.

The blackberry bushes we bought the other day have quite a few berries that are close to picking stage. I love berries but the first two plants we bought did not leaf out and still look like sticks what a bummer. These four new ones look very nice though and quite bushy with nice berries.

The tomato plants are doing real good even if they are on the short side they are producing quite well. The fresh tomatoes have been so nice. There is nothing in the world like the taste of a homegrown tomato. I love to grow as much as we can.

Hugs
cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment